I offer lively, engaging, empowering talks on a number of office fitness topics:
- Get Moving at Work: Don’t Let Your Desk Job Kill You
- Do-It-Yourself Ergonomics Assessment
- Posture Practices for Healthy Office Work
- Self-Care for Computer Users
- Relaxation Techniques for Stressed-Out Office Workers
- Principles of Office Fitness
I can also tailor talks to your unique needs.
Upcoming Lunchtime Talks in the Medical Dental Building
- August 16 - Exercise for Work
- September 20 - Ergonomics Self-Assessment
- October 18 - Posture
- November 15 - Exercise at Work, Part II
- December 20 - Stress Management
These talks are free and open to all. Click on the link to register.
My goals are to motivate and inform. I have presented to thousands of people over the past 25 years, from small break-out sessions to large auditorium talks. I’m an active Toastmaster and regularly study improv, singing, and other performance arts to keep my skills up to date. My experience and training, along with my personable professional style, give my talks a grounded authenticity. My 12-year career as a health-care professional and my deep research on ergonomics, self-care, and health and fitness let me speak with authority.
A few of my recent talks:
- Exercise at Work, July 19, 2012
- A Holistic Look at Office Fitness, PNW/ASI, June 9, 2012
- DIY Standing Desks, Seattle Maker Faire, June 3, 2012
- Coping with a Sitting Job, WSPMAA, April 21, 2012
- Sitting Kills: A Fact-Finding Report, Toastmasters, 2011
- Office Fitness, WordPress Meetup, 2011
- The Ergonomics of Sitting, Toastmasters, 2011
- Ergonomics in the Workplace, WSPMAA, 2011
If you’d like me to speak for your organization or event, please e-mail me.