Back in the mid- to late-’90s I did some writing about the internet, online marketing, web development, and e-commerce.
Please Note: These articles are all quite old. While it is interesting how well some of the core ideas have held up, many of the implementation details have changed, so consume this information with care.
While at workz.com I wrote a number of articles on online marketing, e-commerce, and web design and development for workz.com and its syndication and business partners (Inc.com, bCentral, Lycos, SmartAge, etc.), including several articles on search engine marketing. These articles were written several years ago, so they are now extremely dated.
- Design Your Site for Your Users (1998)
- Design Your Web Pages for Fast Loading (1998)
- Identify Keywords and Phrases (1998)
- Use Keywords to Improve Your Search Engine Ranking (1998)
- Deploy Your Keywords in your HTML Documents (1998)
- List Your Site With Search Engines (1998)
- Submit Your URL(s) to Relevant Search Engines (1998)
- Site Submission Services (1998)
- An Overview of Electronic Commerce (1998)
- 15 Free or Low-Cost Promotion Tips (1998)
- 9-Step Plan for a Successful Online Ad Campaign (1998)
- Get Maximum Mileage from Your Banner Ads (1999)
- Banner Ad Campaign Tracking (1998)
- Rich-Media Advertising (1998)
- Low-Cost Link Programs (1998)
- Use Site Traffic Analysis Tools (1998)
- Web Site Security (1998)
- Backing Up Your Business Data (1998)
Applied Clinical Trials magazine
This is a web version of an award-winning article that I wrote for the leading publication for clinical trials administrators. (This page also shows how this site used to look many years ago.)
- Become A Savvy Internet User (1997)
During my publishing and internet careers, I have also written countless business plans, research reports, proposals, RFPs, functional specifications, software systems documentation, policy and procedures manuals, print and-mail newsletters, marketing brochures, sales-promotion tools, and many other documents.
I have a degree in magazine journalism (with an English minor) and have studied writing, journalism, and publishing at the Radcliffe Publishing Course, Pace University, New York University, and San Francisco State University.
This page created 1/10/01; last updated 11/21/03.