Seattle is blessed with a host of fantastic African dance teachers. You can literally take a dance class every day of the week. We also get regular visits from touring teachers.
The following is a list of African dance teachers who regularly or occasionally offer classes in Seattle. Please consult their website or call or e-mail the instructor for information on class dates and times.
- Sarah Lee Parker Mansare, Guinea dance, One World Dance, 206-409-6430
Velocity Dance Center on Capitol Hill and Balance Studio in Fremont
- Afue Kouyate, Kouyate Arts, 206-722-6602
Rainier Valley/Central District
- Manimou Camara, Guinea dance, Dounia Djembe, 425-894-0579
- Lara McIntosh, African-inspired dance, Wassa Dance, 206-284-9473
- Etienne Cakpo, Gansango, 206-417-4679
Open Flight Studio in U District
- Awal Alhassan, Ghana dance
(not currently teaching)
- Fama Ndiaye, Sabar dance, 206-354-0647
(not sure if she’s currently offering classes)
- Frank Anderson, Mali/Guinea dance, 206-883-0495
- Eric Wilson, CompFit, 206-579-6880